Sunday, July 1, 2018

Finding an LSAT Prep Course

Finding an LSAT prep course can be a bit confusing; it seems like Kaplan is everywhere and there aren't always other readily available options. I don't have any hard or fast rules for figuring out which course you should take, since that's a very individualized process, but I recently found a good way to learn about your options: The LSAT Center site.

As far as I can tell, LSAT Center isn't LSAC-certified, but if you put in your state or your zip-code, it lists out all of the major, reputable LSAT prep courses available near you, including tutoring centers and online options, which can come in handy considering how much sponsored ad-space the major companies buy on Google. Sometimes it seems like the whole first page of search results has been bought by advertisers.

Whichever course you choose has to depend on the amount of time you can devote to the process, how much work you need based on your practice tests, and what you know about your own style of learning. I'm taking an in-person course because I have time for bi-weekly classes that are a bit of a drive from my house, I want to get my score up at least five points from where my average is currently, and I don't do well in one-on-one environments long-term.

Any number of factors could go into why you choose the course that you do. But whatever those factors are, it's nice to see your options laid out so you can make an informed decision, which is what the LSAT Center does.

No comments:

Post a Comment